Tuesday 28 April 2015

The trains blues/ For BB

Moving through stations of time,
Trains move with a steel chime.
And a bluesman strums to the trains’ shuffle,
As the train pulls through many a mile.

Passengers come in and listen, for the train is now muse
And paint themselves in the bluesman’s blues.
Yet every passenger moves to their Toulouse ,
But the train is the bluesman’s only sooth.

His rhythm his blues, his one and only muse.
The stations are left behind.
But the train kept a rollin’,
And the shuffle he kept –a-playin’ .



/* Fare thee well BB KING
Any one who knows me , or has been reading this blog would know that the first thing to hit me when I think of trains is Steven Wilson/Ptree/In Absentia. Also the idea of travelling bluesmen (especially like good ol' dylan in 'I'm not There') is a very fascinating one to me. And what can I say of them blues? Like BB King says ' a baby cries cuz the baby got the blues ! ' Guess we all need to strum that shuffle once in a while , to the rhythm of the sixty ton angel, falling to the earth. Yes that was a reference. Yes the whole thing is a metaphor.*/









28 comments:

  1. His rhythm his blues, his one and only muse.
    The stations are left behind.

    I like to picture that the person is absorbed in his own thoughts.. not caring about the world.. being sort of self- reliant :D

    Beautifully executed..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the music that you can have in a train.. I somehow thought.. so many classic songs .. yes indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the rhythm and tone perfect for your topic!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do like the rhythm of trains. And I love the blues above all other music. Thank you for evoking both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely depiction...................have you listened to " heavenly blues" by Burton Cummings?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your poem flows with a wonderful rhythm of a train's movement. I like "Every passenger moves to their Toulouse."

    ReplyDelete
  7. there is something about trains that makes me think of blues music as well. very well-written.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a you really gave us a musical time travel...lovely rhythm...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed the rhythmic feel of this. Life is indeed a journey and we'll all take that final trip. The blues will be the music of choice. Good write!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how the rhythm of riding a train and its mournful whistle can elicit the blues...

    Donna@LivingFromHappiness

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like "the train is the bluesman's only sooth."

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the idea of 'stations of time' and the trains moving through them. Great metaphor!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The wheels of a train in motion, that ongoing humming, reminiscent of smooth beats of the drum, the whistle blowing every now and then like a mechanical melody...all brought to mind, with your bluesy train ride...

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  14. the word blue..is the spinal cord of the poem...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am in love with the blues, and your plaiting them together with the sound of a train and rhythm of poem pleased me immensely.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The click-clack of the rails is always a song if you know how to listen.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice... yes. Been a bit worried about BB King. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously , especially all the elder abuse stuff

      Delete
  18. Strong use of rhyme throughout.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the old blues. Robert Johnson and that era, then Vaughn and Clapton and oh, so many. I have been Mr King in concert and know Mr Dylan's drummer. My grandson plays a lot of blues too.

    Thanks for visiting.

    I like your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I enjoyed the musicality in this Suyash... Very nice write... With Best Wishes Scott www.scotthastie.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hear those blues as I ride along the train ~

    ReplyDelete
  22. this has that jazzy/bluesy feel to it. NIcely done!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely stuff - I want to ride that train!
    Anna :o]

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautifully penned. I have only ever heard one song by B. B. King - 'Stay With Me' - and loved it.

    ReplyDelete